Death toll rises to 30 in terror attack in SE Turkey
At least 30 people were killed and 94 others wounded in a blast at a wedding ceremony on Saturday in southeastern Turkey, the regional governor said.
According to Anadolu Agency, the “terror attack” took place in the Beybahce neighborhood of the Sahinbey district of Gaziantep province, according to a statement by the governorship.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, condemned the attack in a statement. “Those, who cannot overcome Turkey and try to provoke people by abusing ethnic and sectarian sensitiveness, will not prevail,” he said.
“There is no difference between the PKK which martyred 70 security personnel last month, the FETO as an actor of July 15 coup bid claiming 240 people and the possible motive of Gaziantep terror attack Daesh,” he added.
The wedding took place on a street, a common practice in southern Turkey, especially during the summer.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.