Turkey sends US another request for Gulen’s extradition

Turkey sent the US another request last week for the extradition of Fethullah Gulen, Anadolu Agency reported Aug. 2 referring to Turkish Minister of Justice Bekir Bozdag.

Gulen is considered to be involved in the military coup attempt in Turkey that took place in mid July.

On July 15 evening, Turkish authorities said a military coup attempt took place in the country. Meanwhile, a group of servicemen announced about transition of power to them.

However, the rebelling servicemen started to surrender July 16 and Turkish authorities said the coup attempt failed. Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that the death toll as a result of the military coup attempt stood at 246 people excluding the coup plotters and over 2,000 people were wounded.

Erdogan declared a three-month state of emergency in Turkey on July 20.

Source: Trend News Agency